UN INT Intro Text w/ Responsive Image - *Important Note* You must UNLINK this shared library component before making page-specific customizations.
Pledge to go vegan in January. Unlike that all-too-often forgotten-about gym membership from last year, this is a resolution you'll want to keep.
Why Go Vegan?
- For animals: Every single animal is a sensitive individual with his or her own thoughts, feelings, and personality. Yet the meat industry treats animals like a collection of body parts. To produce beef, for example, workers in British abattoirs shoot cows in the head with a captive-bolt gun, hang them up by one leg, and cut their throats, sometimes while they're still conscious.
- For the planet: You can't be a meat-eating environmentalist. The leading cause of global deforestation and one of the main reasons for the tragic fires in the Amazon rainforest is the use of animals for food. Scientists agree that plant-based foods typically have a lower carbon footprint than any animal-derived foods do.
- For your health: Vegans are less prone to suffering from heart disease, diabetes, strokes, obesity, and some forms of cancer than meat-eaters are.
PETA is here to help you every step of the way!
When you sign the pledge, we'll send you regular e-mails with meal plans, delicious recipes, and tips on eating balanced vegan meals, choosing vegan clothes and cruelty-free cosmetics, and showing compassion for all living beings in every aspect of your life. You'll receive our first e-mail on 1 January.
What will you receive from us?
- A guide to the latest vegan options in UK supermarkets and restaurants
- Weekly meal plans
- Tips on eating balanced vegan meals
- Ideas for delicious vegan food on a budget
- Advice on making the transition to vegan eating easy, even when you're busy
- A list of the best vegan sweet treats and "accidentally vegan" snacks
- A guide to vegan clothing and cruelty-free cosmetics
- Fast and easy vegan recipes
- And much more!
Make 2020 the year that you stop eating animals. Just fill in the form below and start your vegan journey with us: